Cisco Meeting Install for Students & Faculty
Below is the information for your new Acano desktop videoconferencing account. You will use Acano for your College of Nursing Distance Education classes.
If you would like additional information or help setting up Acano on your computer, please contact UEN Technical Support Services or the CON IT Professional that directed you to this site.
Please read through the following steps before beginning. Questions? Please contact the UEN TSSC: 800-863-3496; opt 1, then opt 1 again.
Click Here for Video Instructions
Install the Client Windows
Download the Acano Client: https://clientupgrade.acano.com/download/oBklj0sd28dl2mz/AcanoClient.application
Click Save File
Open the Downloads folder or Folder You saved the file to and Double Click the Installer
File will begin installing
Once installed the acano client will launch. You can then close the client.
Install the Acano Client Mac
Download the Client: https://clientupgrade.acano.com/download/oBklj0sd28dl2mz/AcanoClient.dmg
Drag the AcanoClient.app Icon to the Applications folder inside the window
The Acano Client is now installed on your Mac inside the applications folder on your Mac
Sign into Acano
Sign in to your Acano account; Tick the ‘Sign me in when Acano starts’ box to automatically sign you into your Acano account when you start the
Acano app in the future.
Note: Most illustrations in this guide are from the PC app, but the principles are the same for other apps.
Acano app user interface
- In the Activity view, you can see ongoing activities and recent history. All activities in the list are grouped by which contact, group of contacts, or space you are interacting with. Select a list item to see the interaction, continue an ongoing chat, or initiate a new call or chat
Note: When you log out, the oldest entries from the Activity list are cleared, except for spaces. A space containing chat messages stays in the list as long as you are a member.
- In the People view, you can see all your contacts, you can add or edit contacts, and you can start a new call or chat conversation.
- In the Space view, you can see all your spaces, you can add or edit spaces, you can invite guests, and you can enter your spaces.
1. Select the Settings and info button
2. Choose which camera, microphone and speakers to use.
3. Select the More settings button
4. In the Preferences view, you can change the language, and you can choose whether
- the app starts when your computer starts
- the app stays in the task bar when you are signed in
- your hear sounds for incoming calls
- you hear sounds for incoming messages
- you hear sounds when you initiate a call, when you log in, or when you type on the numeric keypad
Note: You have to be logged in to hear sounds, including notifications of incoming calls or messages.
5. In the Advanced view, you can adjust video quality, bandwidth and audio settings.
Check your audio and video
- Select the Settings and info button.
- Select the camera, microphone and speakers to use. By default, the built-in camera, microphone and speakers will be selected.
3. Check the image from your camera in the selfview box. Adjust the camera position until your face is in view.
Tip: It is best to have your full face, from forehead to shoulders, in the self-view picture.
Joining a Meeting
- Select the New call button.
- Enter the video address of the space in the address field. (Example Nurs_1234_SP16@avc.uen.net)
- Select the Join call button.
In the meeting
You can remain in a meeting in a space for as long as
1. Self-view window. Use it to check on the video that your camera is transmitting.
2. Closes the self-view window.
3. Turns video on and off. If the button is blue, then your app is not transmitting video.
4. Mutes and unmutes your microphone. If the button is blue, then you are muted.
5. Enables or disables full screen view.
6. Select the Share screen button to share your desktop or a specific application with call participants.
7. Select the Participants button to:
- a. See all participants in the meeting or call
- b. Invite participants to a call in progress
- c. Control video and audio feed for other participants
8. Select the Chat button to view the chat panel and contribute to the chat.
9. Select the Audio and video options button to transfer video or audio to other devices.
10. Select the Settings and info button to change audio or video settings.
11. Select the More options button to:
- Change your screen layout
- Use numeric keypad
- View the participants in the call
- View dial-in information for the space (video address, phone number, call id, web address)
12. Leave the space meeting by selecting the Leave button.
Changing your screen layout while in a meeting
You can change your screen layout to suit your personal
preference or the situation.
If you want to save bandwidth, you can use the Audio only option. It disables video and is particularly useful in mobile situations.
1. Select the More options button and select the most suitable layout for your meeting
Sharing your screen or application in a meeting
You can share your screen or an open application.
- Select the Share screen button
- From the list, select the monitor or the application you want to share.