Setup Umail on Android
From College of Nursing - Office of Information Technology WIKI
Setting up Umail on your Android smartphone requires a few steps. Every Android phone is a little different. Some of the images on your phone may differ from these.
- Open your Android phone's built in Email app.
- Select Corporate Email or Exchange email.
- Enter your Umail email address and password then select "Manual Setup".
- You will need to make sure your Umail email, password, username (your uNID@umail.utah.edu) and exchange server address (www.umail.utah.edu) are correctly added.
- Click Next
- Your phone will talk to the Umail server and bring your to security page.
- You will need to allow Umail to be able to access some of the security features on your phone.
- This is the page that will allow you to activate those security features.
- The account options page lets you choose how much email and calendar are synced to your phone
- You can name this anything you would like. Usually it will stay your email address.
- If you get a page like this, choose "Done with Accounts".
- It may take a minute or two for your email to begin syncing.
- After you see your email show up find your devices calendar app and you should see your Umail calendar events.
- If you open your phone contacts you will also see your Umail contacts.
- You should now be setup with Umail on your mobile Android device. If you get stuck feel free to call 801-587-6000 or speak with the CON IT team.